Discretionary Portfolio Service
Generate profit from your wealth in a Sharia compliant way.
The Discretionary Portfolio Service (DPS) is provided by SMARTfund Administration Ltd and accredited by Al Rayan Bank. The DPS provides access to a series of investment portfolios which aim to generate profit from your wealth in a Sharia compliant and ethical way.
The investment portfolios can be held within an Individual Savings Account (ISA) or a Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP), helping your investments work harder for you, in a tax efficient manner.
The Sharia Supervisory Committee at Al Rayan Bank has approved the portfolios in the DPS and also acts as the Sharia authority for the investment manager to ensure that the DPS remains Sharia compliant.
PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT A GUIDE TO FUTURE PERFORMANCE. THE VALUE OF YOUR INVESTMENT CAN FALL AS WELL AS RISE. YOU MAY GET BACK LESS THAN YOU ORIGINALLY INVESTED.
The DPS is brought to you through the shared expertise of a number of key partners:
Al Rayan Bank
- Al Rayan Bank provides the Sharia compliance oversight for the DPS.
SMARTfund Administration Ltd (SMARTfund)
- SMARTfund provides the investment management, acts as custodian of the assets and provides the administration of the investment portfolios. Click here to find out more about SMARTfund.
Praemium (UK) Ltd
- Praemium provides the web based technology to administer the DPS. Click here to find out more about Praemium (UK) Ltd.
Al Rayan Bank is not responsible for the content of external websites
How to invest
The DPS offers access to a range of investment portfolios to match your appetite to risk. By investing through the DPS you:
- Have the potential to generate higher returns compared to traditional bank or building society accounts.
- Don't need to have the knowledge, time or confidence to actively manage your own portfolio.
- Can be sure that the investments are Sharia compliant.
How to invest
The minimum investment you can make via the DPS is £10,000
The minimum additional investment is:
- £5,000 for a lump sum
- £250 for a regular monthly payment
If you are interested in finding out more about the DPS, you will need to speak to an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA).
Al Rayan Bank can put you in touch with an IFA who is experienced in Sharia investment and finance, and understands how this affects your investment decisions.
To arrange a meeting with an Independent Financial Advisor call 0800 4086 407 between 9.00am and 7.00pm, Monday to Friday, and between 9.00am and 1.00pm on Saturdays.
The advice and services offered by the IFA are totally independent of Al Rayan Bank PLC. A fee will be charged for this service. This fee is agreed upfront between yourself and the IFA.
A brochure has also been provided for more information about the DPS.
Fees and charges
There are charges associated with investment via the DPS. All fees are exclusive of VAT which is charged where applicable, and will be deducted from your investment account.
Once invested you will receive a regular DPS investment account statement that will detail the fees that you have been charged.
- You will pay a fee for the advice you receive from the IFA, whether you use your own IFA or one suggested by Al Rayan Bank. The fee will be agreed up front between yourself and the IFA.
- There is a one-off DPS investment account set-up fee of £150, deducted from your initial investment.
Annual management fees
- 0.85% is deducted annually from your DPS investment balance to cover the costs of investment. This is calculated as follows:
- Annual investment management fee: 0.45% is payable to the investment manager for their professional services.
- Annual custodian fees: 0.40% is payable to the administrators for the provision of custody and execution services.