Earn profit on your savings and have access 24/7.
Important information about personal Current Accounts
From 1 January 2023, we will introduce a new account maintenance fee of £5 per month on all personal Current Accounts with a balance less than £2,500, as of the final working day of the month.
Features and benefits
- Interest-free bank account: receive no interest, pay no interest
- Debit card and cheque book (subject to status)
- Funds deposited will be administered in accordance with Sharia principles
- International payments
- Automatic access to your account via our automated telephone banking service 24/7 or online
- All transactions at Knightsbridge branch counter will cost £5 per transaction (Max £5 per day)
Managing your account
Making a deposit
You can make a deposit into your Current Account by:
- Making an online transfer from another account or by money transfer
- Cheque at a branch or by post to our Operational Headquarters at the following address:
Al Rayan Bank PLC
PO Box 12461
- Depositing cash at one of our branches
Making a withdrawal
You may make withdrawals from your Current Account in the following ways by:
- Making an online transfer from your Current Account to another account
- Setting up a Standing Order or Direct Debit
- Withdrawing cash at one or our branches
- Withdrawing cash via an ATM (charges may apply on non-Al Rayan Bank ATMs)
If you are planning to travel outside of the UK, click here to a list of countries where restrictions may apply to your Al Rayan Bank Debit Card.
Please note: Al Rayan Bank has withdrawn its fax and email payment service. Active users of this service will be contacted in due course.
Terms and conditions
For your own benefit and protection, you should carefully read the following important leaflets before you complete the application:
The following information leaflets should also be read:
- Fee Information Document
- Proof of identity
- Personal banking
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
To view PDFs you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. This program is available free of charge from the Adobe website. Al Rayan Bank is not responsible for the content of external websites.
More savings accounts and information
Instant access savings
Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) are a tax efficient way to save.
A guide to expected profit
Learn why Islamic banks pay profit rather than interest.
Long term savings
Earn a higher level of profit on your savings with a Fixed Term Deposit.
The new way to manage your accounts online
Register for Digital Banking and manage your account on the move through our Mobile Banking app, or from the comfort of your own home through the Desktop Portal.