Read Al Rayan Bank's latest news and blogs.
Certification of Documents
Find out more about certifying the documents we need to identify you.
Who can certify your original documents?
- Lawyer, Solicitor or an equivalent registered legal professional
- Notary Public
- Accountant, Actuary or Tax Advisor who is a member of a recognised professional body
- Staff member of Al Rayan Bank UK or Masraf Al Rayan
- Registered Trust Advisor (STEP - Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners registered only)
- An officer of an Embassy, Consulate or High Commission of the country of issue of the proof of identity document
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Any approved UK government translator or solicitor as per Government list of acceptable translators and interpreters
- Post Office staff
Certified copies must contain
- Full name of the person certifying the copy
- Contact details e.g. home address or work address and telephone number
- Signed and dated to include the words: – Confirmed to have seen the original copy; and – Confirmed as complete/true/accurate (or similar) copy of the original.
In practice, if the individual is an employee (e.g. local authority/embassy officer, post office employee) the relevant stamp of the employer should be affixed to the signature as part of the certification. If the individual is a member of a professional body, the relevant qualification/membership number should be stated. Certifications from Post Office must include the Post Office document certification form.
Please note, the following people cannot certify your documents:
- A person related to you
- A person in a relationship with you for e.g. a friend, spouse or partner
- Someone living at the same address as you
More information on Al Rayan Bank
Learn more about the UK's oldest and largest Islamic bank.