Who do we share your data with
The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) control how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses, and the Government. Under this Act, Al Rayan Bank PLC is defined as a Data Controller – which means we direct the organisations listed below on how we expect the data to be used, stored and protected. This forms an integral part of their contract with us.
The Bank conducts rigorous due diligence before awarding any contracts which involve the processing of personally identifiable information. Below we outline some of the organisations we share your data with, but this is not an exhaustive list, and other parties may receive your information as part of our service delivery to you.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Pensions Regulator
- Information commissioner's office (ICO)
- HM Revenues and Customers (HMRC)
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
Legal and other regulated bodies
- Immigration Authorities
- Child support agency
- Software suppliers
- Estate Agents
- Credit Referencing Agencies
- Companies offering services such as printing, market research and storage
- Other financial institutions that assist with servicing accounts, such as payment providers and fraud detection organisations.
Most of the time we share your data electronically using industry standard security techniques, although paper files are occasionally shared.
Under the Act, you have the right to ask who we share your data with and ask us to cease this sharing. However, if you do exercise this right, we may no longer be able to offer you our services.
If you have any questions regarding data sharing, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.