Wakala Treasury Deposit
Al Rayan Bank acts as your agent to generate profit.
The Business Wakala Treasury Deposit Account is operated under the Islamic Finance principle of Wakala which is an “agency agreement” where we act as the agent to achieve an agreed expected rate of profit for an agreed number of days. As an agent we monitor the investment on a daily basis to make sure that we achieve the expected profit rate agreed.
If at any point we are not able to achieve the expected profit rate, we will terminate the agreement and return the initial deposit, plus the profit accrued up until the date of termination. This process minimises the risk to your investment.
To open a Business Wakala Treasury Deposit account you will need to have opened a business current or savings account with us.
Features & benefits
- A minimum deposit of £50,000 is required
- Available in Pounds Sterling, US Dollars, and Euros (the minimum amount for foreign currency deposits should be an equivalent value of £50,000, calculated using the currency exchange rate on the date of the deposit)
- Competitive Sharia compliant profit rates on your savings
- Profits are paid on maturity
- Funds must be available in the nominated account at the time of agreeing the rate and term of the deposit. Deposits may be made into the nominated account by cheque or by direct account transfer
- Available to personal customers, businesses, charities, and masjids
- You will not be able to terminate the agreement, add or withdraw funds before the maturity date
- The money will be invested only in Sharia compliant investments
How to apply
To apply for our Wakala Treasury Deposit Account you must:
- Be able to deposit a minimum of £50,000 (or the equivalent if it is a foreign currency deposit)
- Already hold an Al Rayan Bank current account or savings accounts
You can apply for a Wakala Treasury Deposit Account in any of the following ways:
- You can call our Customer Services team on 0800 408 6407 on Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 7.00pm, and on Saturdays, between 9.00am and 1.00pm.
By post or at one of our branches
- Simply download, print out and complete the application form, and send it to:
Al Rayan Bank PLC
PO Box 12461
- Or return it to your local branch
- If you have fax indemnity in place you can fax your form to us on 0121 285 1782
For your own benefit and protection, you should carefully read the Wakala Treasury Deposit Account Special Conditions and Consumer Banking Terms and Conditions before you complete the application. These documents and other important documentation can be found in the Further reading section.
Terms and conditions
For your own benefit and protection, you should carefully read the following important leaflets before you complete the application:
The following information leaflets should also be read:
To view PDFs you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. This program is available free of charge from the Adobe website. Al Rayan Bank is not responsible for the content of external websites.