'Banking you can believe in' during these uncertain times
It is understandably a very worrying time for us all given the ongoing coronavirus outbreak and I want to reassure you that Al Rayan Bank is here for you in these uncertain times. The government has made it clear that Banks are an essential service, and we take that responsibility extremely seriously.
In this extraordinary period, I’m reminded of Al Rayan Bank’s social purpose as the UK’s first Islamic retail bank. Providing ethical, Sharia compliant day-to-day banking services, so that people can support themselves and their families has never been more important to us.
As such, we are committed to helping our customers and our colleagues through this difficult time and are working around the clock to ensure customers are supported and can continue to carry out their day-to-day banking.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you how we will continue to support your banking requirements, and what measures we have taken to help you during these uncertain times. We will continue to follow the latest government advice and make the appropriate changes as the situation evolves.
How we are continuing to support everyday banking
- Branches: We are doing everything we can to keep our branch services available for as long as it remains safe for us to do so.
Keeping customers and colleagues safe and healthy during this uncertain time is our top priority, and so we have reduced opening hours in some of our branches to help colleagues avoid public transport’s busiest periods. We’re also asking that you think twice about whether you need to visit your local branch at all and, if possible, use our Mobile Banking app or Telephone Banking service instead.
If you do need to visit your local branch, please help us by following to the government’s instructions to practise safe social distancing and use the free enhanced hygiene facilities that are available.
Please visit alrayanbank.co.uk/branches for your local branch’s opening times.
- Contact Centre: Recent events have resulted in unprecedented call volumes being received by our Contact Centre, which has naturally led to longer than usual call-wait times for our customers.
The Bank has responded by reassigning staff from other areas to ensure we can answer customers’ calls as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you have recently called us and not been able to reach us, please be assured that we are here for you and will call you back.
- Mobile Banking: We introduced our new Mobile Banking app last year and now have many thousands of customers using it for their day-to-day banking. Our Mobile Banking app allows you to bank with us easily, quickly and more securely. More information can be found at alrayanbank.co.uk/mobile.
- Telephone Banking: All personal banking customers are eligible for our automated Telephone Banking service. You can check your balances, transfer money and instruct payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you’d like to activate this service, please call us to activate it.
- Post: You can continue to deposit cheques into your accounts by sending them to us directly at Al Rayan Bank, PO Box 12461, Birmingham, B16 6AQ. Please ensure all cheques are made payable to yourself.
How we are supporting those in financial difficulty
If you’re facing financial difficulty or think that coronavirus will affect your financial situation, please get in touch. We are working with each customer individually to offer support in line with their personal circumstances.
You can find out more about how the Bank is supporting its customers and let us know if you think you may require support at alrayanbank.co.uk/supporting-customers-affected-by-coronavirus.
Keeping your finances safe
We are naturally focussed on our customers’ and colleagues’ physical safety at this time; however, it is important to ensure your finances are kept safe too. Some criminals are using coronavirus to trick people into revealing their personal information or bank details. Please be extra careful and alert to suspicious phone calls, texts or emails about coronavirus from anyone claiming to be from the bank or other trusted organisations. We will never ask you for your full PIN, password, authenticator codes or to move money from your account.
I would like to thank you for your support and patience during this uncertain and unprecedented time.
We’re here to help you and, as the situation continues to develop, we will keep you informed by updating our website with any changes.
Your best interests are at the core of what we do. In the meantime, keep yourselves and your families safe.
Al Rayan Bank