Al Rayan Bank Manchester branch has closed
Al Rayan Bank Manchester branch has permanently closed
Like many banks in the UK, Al Rayan Bank is finding that more and more customers are choosing to access their banking services via mobile and telephone, rather than their local branch. As customer demand for branch services reduces, this means that we are having to take some difficult decisions regarding where we continue to operate retail branches.
The Al Rayan Bank Manchester branch, at 601 Stockport Road, Manchester, M13 0RX, permanently closed on Friday 18 September at 4:30pm.
All of your banking arrangements, including your account number, sort code and any standing orders or Direct Debits you have set up remain the same.
Why this branch has closed
Al Rayan Bank is the UK’s largest and longest established Sharia compliant bank and remains fully committed to providing Sharia compliant banking services to communities in and around Manchester.
Our Manchester branch has been particularly affected by the recent reduction in customer demand for branch services, with last year’s activity around half of our national average.
How to continue to bank with us
- Mobile Banking: Our Mobile Banking app allows you to bank with us easily, quickly and more securely. The app is available to customers using IOS and Android devices and more information can be found at alrayanbank.co.uk/mobile. We will launch our new Mobile Banking Business app in March this year.
- Telephone Banking: You can check your balances, transfer money and instruct payments through our 24-7 automated Telephone Banking service. All customers are eligible for Telephone Banking; if you’re not currently using the service, you can call us on 0800 408 6407* to activate it.
- Post: You can continue to deposit cheques into your account by sending them to us directly at Al Rayan Bank, PO Box 12461, Birmingham, B16 6AQ. Please ensure all cheques are payable to yourself.
- Lloyds Bank: A cash and cheque deposit service is available to all Al Rayan Bank customers through 1,100 Lloyds Bank branches throughout England and Wales. There is no limit on the number of deposits you can make at a Lloyds Bank branch, but please be aware that each counter visit incurs a £3 fee.
The closest Lloyds Bank branch is 453 Wilmslow Rd, Manchester, M20 4AN.
Withdrawing your funds
There are several free cash machines near to your local Manchester branch’s location.
- Stockport Road Manchester, 537 Stockport Rd, Manchester M12 4JH - View location
- 91 Northmoor Rd, Manchester M12 5RT - View location
- Barclays ATM, Asda, 701 Stockport Rd - View location
- Post Office, 8 Meldon Rd, Manchester M13 0TZ - View location
Daily cash withdrawal limits are currently capped at £250 per day for personal customers and £500 per day for business customers. Should you require a withdrawal limit in excess of this, please call us on 0800 6947194* to discuss your requirements.
If you require an Al Rayan Bank debit card to withdraw funds from your Current Account, please call us on 0800 6947194*.
If you need to withdraw funds from an Al Rayan Bank instant access savings account, please register for Mobile Banking or Telephone Banking, if you have not yet done so. Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 6947194*.
Home and property finance
We remain fully committed to serving the needs of the Manchester communities and will retain a permanent Al Rayan Bank office in the local area to assist customers with Sharia compliant home and property finance enquiries. We will write to you at a later date with more information about this new office.
Closing your account
We hope that one of the options outlined is a convenient method for you to continue to bank with us. However, we understand that you may wish to review your banking arrangements in light of the announcement of the Manchester branch’s closure and we aim to support you fully through this process.
If you need to transfer funds electronically to another account, please contact us on 0800 6947194* to arrange a free transfer. Alternatively, you can arrange this through the Mobile Banking app, Telephone Banking or in branch.
Here to help
We are keen to answer any questions you might have regarding these changes and provide any additional support that you may need. If you have any concerns about your accounts or questions about the services available to you, please speak to a member of staff or call us on 0800 6947194*.
*Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm or on Saturday, from 9am to 1pm. We record our calls to make sure we’re always giving you our best service.